This page is designed to enable us to get to know some of the personnel who served with the Squadrons operating B-24 Liberators. These military men were prepared to go where they were ordered, when they were ordered and in which aircraft to do so. These men - proudly wearing their uniforms - were human; so naturally, they experienced feelings of fear, self-doubt and aggression. Here are some of the stories about the personnel who were connected with the incredible B-24 Bomber in the early forties.
To read the stories of these men, select from the following:
In reading their stories, you will find out about their:
- Early Years: where they were born and when; the schools that they attended; the number of brothers and sisters that they have; and, some happy memories of their childhood.
- Military life: when they enlisted; training; postings; their greatest moments; and, when they were discharged.
- Family life: marriage; children; where they lived; their post-war occupations; and, their happiest memories.
- Great achievements: what they are very proud of having done.
- They may even tell us about a person that has inspired them over the years.
- What they have learnt from their varied experiences.
- And about some of their hobbies and interests; the kind of things that give them a real buzz?