This page is designed to enable us to get to know some of the personnel who served with the Squadrons operating B24 Liberators. These military men were prepared to go where they were ordered, when they were ordered and in which aircraft to do so. These men - proudly wearing their uniforms - were human; so naturally, they experienced feelings of fear, self-doubt and aggression. Here are some of the stories about the personnel who were connected with the incredible B-24 Bomber in the early forties.
To read the stories of these men, select from the following:
In reading their stories, you will find out about their:
- Early Years: where they were born and when; the schools that they attended; the number of brothers and sisters that they have; and, some happy memories of their childhood.
- Military life: when they enlisted; training; postings; their greatest moments; and, when they were discharged.
- Family life: marriage; children; where they lived; their post-war occupations; and, their happiest memories.
- Great achievements: what they are very proud of having done.
- They may even tell us about a person that has inspired them over the years.
- What they have learnt from their varied experiences.
- And about some of their hobbies and interests; the kind of things that give them a real buzz?